Jan 15, 2010

Ukrainian Cultural Village
























Yesterday Susannah's class went to the Ukrainian Cultural Village to learn about celebrating the Ukrainian Christmas and New Year as a Ukrainian Pioneer.  She had such a wonderful day!  They made  perogies (Ukrainian dumplings often filled with potato and cottage cheese or bacon or onion etc etc but yesterday they had prunes in them) and bread (which Susie brought home for us all to try and I have to say it was THE most DELICIOUS bread EVER!!!!  Sorry Lloyd but it was light and fluffy and slightly sweet and it was just sooooo yummy!!!  I want the recipe!!!!  Yum!!!!  And I don't normally like white bread!!!

They had a horse drawn sleigh ride and they had tours of the various houses and Churches there.

All in all a wonderful day with her friends from school!  Susannah took her camera and she was texting me from her friends cellphone on the bus so I was texting back and told her friend to be sure to get some pictures of Susie on Susies camera too - often kids forget to get pictures of themselves on these trips!!! Anyway I have just posted a small selection for you here :)  If you ever get the chance to go to this centre then do - I find it much more interesting to go on their 'special occasion' days rather than just a normal opening day.....but it is well worth a visit anyway!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails