Feb 7, 2010

For today....




Outside my window...the dogs are playing in the snow and the birds are helping themselves happily to the feeders - bacon fat from bacon sandwiches have been mixed with seeds on the bird table - a wonderful feast!

I am thinking...of knitting a red and white scarf - Vic colours :)  I watched the cheer team video this morning - FAB-U-LOUS!!!  Susie might like a really long red and white scarf for next Winter.

I am thankful for...a busy happy life to complain about (lol). 

I am wearing...same old same old - Reitmans long sleeved T, jeans

I am remembering...Summer.....and Watermelon!

I am going...to finish Abigails scarf today - and start a new one!!  I'm also going to buy some circle needles this week and some new wool for new projects :)

I am currently reading...nothing right now....need to start a new book :)  

I am hoping...to bake a lovely apple pie this afternoon for dessert - to use up all the apples we have left!

On my mind.....trying to decide on whether to stick with a project or give up.  I'm three weeks behind but I want to do it - just need to find the peace and quiet, time and motivation!!  

Noticing that.......the weeks are going by very fast but 2010 has already started out as a fun and exciting year - I hope it continues to be as much fun - although perhaps a little less exhausting! 

Pondering these words...'ten things to do before your child is ten' an article I was reading last night.

From the kitchen...I have a pot roast in the crockpot (beef) and we're having that with oven roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts, swede (rootabaga) and yorkshire puddings.  Followed by the aforementioned apple pie.

Around the house...tired children from a busy weekend....lots of flopping in front of the tv today....Lloyd is painting the front room, I can hear the washing machine on it's final spin.  

One of my favorite things......listening to Sam's stories - his imagination is incredible!!  He has been telling me all kinds of tales and adventures this morning and I love hearing them!  He is walking around with his 'Grave Digger' sword from Monster Jam last night and I swear I don't think he has put it down all day.  He is my Knight and he has asked if we can get him some shining armour.  Hhhmmn a project for tomorrow I think - some tin foil and cardboard and I'm sure we can make some armour and a shield!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails