Feb 23, 2010

New project.....







Today Val and I headed to the thrift store and one of my 'finds' was this big pillar candle holder.  It was a nasty red and gold colour though that doesn't go with my home at ALL.  I don't want it for a candle holder - I want it to display a mini album or to keep little bits and bobs in....

So far I have primed it with a simple white primer that I keep.  Last year I did a LOT of projects like this, and so I always have this around.  I'll now leave it 24 hours and then tomorrow I can do another coat of paint and then lacquer it.  

I haven't decided what colour to do it - white or the same colour as my craft room - I THINK I am going to do it white....I may use some crackle glaze on it.  

I was really pleased with my finds today!!  I got a few things to alter - and I forgot to mention - anyone who has read my blog for a while will remember that last year I altered a big tin tub and painted 'Fleurs' on the side.  I had it out on my porch with pansies in it all Summer long.  Last week I found ANOTHER one!!!  It also needs to be sprayed but I am sooo happy to have another one - I am going to spray it the same and put it beside the other one out on the porch this Summer - it is one size down from the other one so it will look perfect :)  



Related Posts with Thumbnails