Mar 3, 2010

Dinner with friends...


Last night we went out for dinner with our good friends Val and James.  We tried out a restaurant in town that we have driven by sooooo many times but have never eaten in - in fact my Son has eaten there but not me!!!  We went to Vicky's  - a European restaurant.  

The food was LOVELY!!!  I chose Alfredo el Greco (or something like that lol) and it was a spicy Alfredo sauce over pasta with chicken - DELICIOUS!!!  It was the lightest pasta dish I've ever eaten!!! Alfredo is often sooo heavy!!  For dessert I had a chocolate mousse which was also lovely and light and yummy!  Val, James and Lloyd were all making "Mmmmmm",  "delicious",  "yum"  noises and said their food was excellent!!

The decor in the restaurant was really nice - not over the top but really welcoming - the staff were really friendly and welcoming but left you alone - which I like!  The bathrooms were immaculate and I couldn't BELIEVE the supplies they had in there - WOW!!!  Lol - sometimes the little things really show that a business cares - right???

This restaurant goes above in beyond with their service - I can see why they have been running as long as they have!!  

We'll definitely be back!!

It was a lovely evening - plenty of laughter - funny stories about James junior high gonches (sp??) and anorexic pigs (yes THOSE kind of stories ) and me trying to decide if it would be impolite to lick out my chocolate mousse bowl.......sigh.

Fun, fun, fun!!!  :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails