Mar 3, 2010

Old bags!!!

A while ago Libby had a post about the contents of her handbag/ purse and I have planned to do a similar post ever since!  As always I didn't get around to it.  This morning Mel had another post about the same thing, and she has spurred me on to finally do mine!  I think what put me off is that I really don't like my bag - I only have this bag because it is the only one I could find at the time that had a long strap.  I like bags that I can wear diagonally across me when I'm in really busy malls and places.  I don't want a stupid girly bag I have to hold in my hand and I don't want one with a stupid short handle that ends up with it stuck under my shoulder or constantly falling off my shoulder as I walk along with shopping bags in my hands.  I want a bag that stays put!  So this one has been ok despite not being attractive - and I keep looking for a bag I fall in love with that has the right strap but I just haven't found the right one.

I'm a fussy bugger with purses too (wallets to all you Canadians lol - but to me a bag is a handbag and a purse is what you put your money in - a wallet is what a MAN uses - lol.  Yep, been here almost 8 years and thats one of the few things I haven't changed.  I say diaper, garbage, cookie and pants, but a purse is a purse and a handbag is a handbag ;)

So, here is my handbag that is boring but works:


and here are the contents of my bag:



A few things surprised me as I emptied my bag:

1.the amount of fortunes from fortune cookies (I blame Val!!)
2.I have rather a lot of 'lucky coins/ angels/ items that I keep in my bag for 'luck' even though I am not a superstitious person lol.
3. someone has buggered off with the headphones from ipod!!
4.  I still have a christmas shopping list in my bag:



My purse (wallet) isn't attractive either BUT I am really fussy about my purse too and how it holds things - and this one is EXACTLY how I like them - so I didn't care what it looked like - I snapped it up because it was the right size and design and works for me:



I found even more fortune cookie fortunes tucked away inside my purse!  These are from breakfast with Val hahahaha!  :)  I think I only keep the good ones :)  

The pile on the lower bottom right I think I might stick in my junque journal and NOT put back in my purse - they are mainly business cards from friends / slips of paper with friends phone numbers on.  I can put the numbers in my phone and then stick the cards in my journal.  They take up a lot of room in my purse.  

Oh and tucked in with my photographs I keep two little slips of paper:



The yellow slip was a little note that Lloyd tucked in with my lunch one day about 5 years ago when we were heading out to meet some friends at a local sports centre for the day.  It's been in my purse ever since and I transferred it to my new purse with everything else.

The white piece of paper are the directions to Ihop (and I think continuing to Sea World) from when we were in Florida 3 years ago.  Special memories :)

So there you go....an old bags bag ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails