Mar 9, 2010

For today.....



Find more HERE


Outside my window...It's cloudy and grey after a sunny morning.  I can see blue sky in the distance.  They forecast snow flurries this evening but say it will be gone by tomorrow and it's just a blip because the temperature is supposed to be back up to 9c by Thursday or Friday!  It's been such a strange Winter!  Lloyds tools for the crown moulding are sat on the porch.  I can NOT see porch guys on the porch.  Hhhmm!!!
I am thinking...that the yellow school bus will pull up any moment and Susannah will be home.  I should feed my fish, Caspian.  Kitty, my cat is warm on my feet.  I'm glad I got new crochet hooks but sad I couldn't find the jars I needed today.  That it was the best $4 I've spent in a long time today to go in that photo booth :)  We should try and cram in the whole family one day!!
I am thankful ...for cadbury's creme eggs, cuddly kittens who keep my feet warm,  happy healthy children with too much energy to burn, a husband who scares himself with tales of the Jersey Devil (hahaha)
From the learning rooms.....we're looking at maps, Abigail is reading Black Beauty....although I am not sure how 'in' to it she is as she has started reading some other horse themed books.  She watched the movie of Black Beauty last week.  I think we may get the up to date movie instead though.    We're looking at 'Things With Wings' which will include life cycles and bugs of all kinds as well as birds...other things continue - as they do with normal life - growing plants, arts, crafts, writing stories, games, reading, making stuff, baking, living life......sometimes we get out other books and 'work' depending on mood etc,
From the kitchen...I haven't baked for a while - a week or so at least.  Last night I made Thai green curry with rice.  Lloyd loved it.  The boys thought it was ok.  I thought it smelled horrible.  It tasted ok-ish.  I don't like korma's or curries like that - I prefer madras, etc etc - I don't like coconuty or lemony/ lime or sweet type curries....so it wasn't my style of curry.  I wouldn't opt for it again.  The girls weren't keen.  I'd make it again if Lloyd liked it...
I am wearing...jeans, sweater, scarf
I am creating...granny squares from a blog I found yesterday - so thrilled I found THIS blog which links to all kinds of granny squares!!

 I am going... to go and get myself a bowl of Weetabix because I didn't have any lunch today.  Then I am going to write and thank Ruth for her wonderful message and lovely prize!!  I am also going to NOT think about the fact that I don't have a finished porch to admire and to keep my little boy safe on his little sit and ride car or while he is out there playing bubbles!
I am reading...'Still Alice' by Lisa Genova.  As well as 'Life Learning Magazine' and 'Personal Writing Magazine' by Writers Digest. (Old issues I kept before they stopped publishing it because I loved that magazine so much).

Related Posts with Thumbnails