Mar 24, 2010

Random Dozen...


Find your random dozen HERE





1.  What is your favorite sign of Spring?  PUDDLES!!  Welly boots :) I have wonderful memories and fabulous photographs of ALL my children through the years playing in HUGE puddles - falling in HUGE puddles and having fun in HUGE puddles :)  I remember going out to play in them in Stockport with Laurence and Christopher one year and having so many people walk by and say how happy they were to see us out there playing because so few people do that these days.

2.  Did you remember to spring forward on March 14?  If not, how did it impact your day? Yes we did and I was excited about it because I was sooooo looking forward to the light evenings :)  Yay for longer days :)  

3.  If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year? If I could grow anything then it wouldn't be a vegetable, it would be something like orange trees....or lemon trees...or maybe walnut trees....but this year we will grow our spuds again - our strawberries, peas...herbs, tomatoes...beets.....a few things....maybe zucchini

4.  If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant?  Ahhhh  see above!!  I don't read all the questions through before answering - my teachers always said I should in exams ;)

5.  What is your least favorite insect? flies - they are so gross!

6.  March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand?  I drink Nestle water in small bottles - I don't boycott nestle products.  The only reason i'll stop drinking this water is that they have now changed the lids and they are nasty little lids that hurt your hand to open them.  I did try changing to a reusable bottle last year but I just couldn't do it and found I wasn't drinking enough water.  I drink a LOT of water.  I recycle my bottles to try to help the issue with the plastics.  We are on well water and it is distilled and I don't like the taste.

7.  Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that?  Well, it isn't safe to drink our own water without it going through the distiller - so we can only drink the water from the prep sink in the island or the pot filler over the stove.  Hence the fact I drink bottled water.  We have to empty the distiller weekly and you should see how much THICK THICK salt we take out of it!!  That is removed from our water!!!  If you get water in your mouth from the shower it is like drinking very salty sea water!!

8.  How many glasses of water do you drink per day?  No idea - but several bottles of water if I'm at home for the day.  Less if I'm out for the day.

9.  March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini.  Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share.  Several times....from childhood onwards....I hired a magician for my Sons birthday party one year too!  

10.  Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)?  Maybe - as a child...I can't remember..not as an adult..unless you count at my Sons birthday party ;)

11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies?  If so, what is your favorite?  Snatch  is good,  Goodfellas,  The closest I would get to a 'Western' would probably be something like 'Dances with Wolves' - does that count????

12. (Really random)  What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday?  Maine






Related Posts with Thumbnails