Apr 19, 2010

Green Monster...or Purple Beast????


Lol....Lloyd renamed this mornings Green Monster - he called it The Purple Beast (which almost made me want to spit it out hahahaha)  It was DELICIOUS though!!!!!
Todays smoothie contained:
flax
oats
whey protein powder
spinach
pineapple
blackberries
beetroot
cucumber
apple
bananas
almond milk
ice

it was fruity and yummy and creamy :)  You could taste the berries and the bananas but couldn't really taste the pineapple or anything else which surprised me as pineapple has such a strong flavour!  

I have won Lloyd over with my recent Green Monsters too and he has been having a glass with me.  Abigail had a glass of this mornings too.  I always save Susannah a glass for after school too - or she has a glass with me.  


Ooooh and I made Lloyd and Laurence a bowl of the 'Pumpkin Spice makes Everything Nice' oatmeal onSaturday as we were all hungry.  They loved it!!  So I made some more last nice as an evening snack when we were hungry BUT I didn't have any pumpkin left - soooooo I blended up some carrots and used the pureed carrots instead of pumpkin and it tasted the same!!!  IT was just as yummy!!!  So 'Carrot Spice  Makes Everything Nice' oatmeal is just as good an alternative!!  Yummy healthy and sweet with no added sugar - just fruit and veg :)  Who would have thought it would be so good!!!

So weird!!!

I am still drinking my coffee with no sugar - and because of the green monsters I've actually cut right down on the amount of coffee I drink too!

If you haven't given these drinks a try yet - GO FOR IT!!!  I know they sound weird but they taste just like a yummy McDonalds milkshake!!!  Yes - even with carrots and cucumber in them!!!  You can't taste the carrots and cucumber at all - add some cinnamon, some pumpkin, a couple of bananas and its all good :)  
Related Posts with Thumbnails