Apr 27, 2011

Our day....





It was a really hot day today and ended with a few showers and a bit of a thunder storm.  I didn't want to go out because of my stitches and being really tired, so we had an at-home day.  We spent the whole day outside though!!  Sam and Abby rode their bikes, roller skates...caught frogs, played with Rosie, played on the trampoline etc etc....and I cleaned out the garage, did several loads of laundry, sorted recycling, swept off the driveway from winter grit, swept out the garage, sorted a ton of garbage, moved a lot of wood to the fire pit, cleaned up a lot of the yard of dog poop and garbage that had been uncovered from the snow melting....and generally pottered about.  We played fetch with Rosie in the pond, ate ice cream on the porch, and just enjoyed being outside in the sunshine and warm weather :)

I made a yummy beef stew that cooked all day in the crockpot and when Laurence got home we ran into town to see a house I like, and also to pick up some buns to have with dinner and a few other groceries.  As we drove home we could see lightning.  

This evening I'm drained and flopped on the bed.  Tomorrow I have to head to north of the city for my hair appointment.  Not sure what else we will do...I will see what Abby and Sam feel like doing.  Then tonight they are going to the dentist and bowling with their dad - I gave him some coupons for free bowling in town, so he is using those with them.  I was supposed to go to Calgary and Canmore on Friday, but I don't think Im up to it this weekend, so I might just have a quiet weekend at home.  Samantha mentioned going out for dinner....the husband of a friend is in a band and they are playing at a bar in town so maybe I will go and watch them....i'll see how I feel and how my face looks lol!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails