Sep 13, 2011

For today......

Outside My Window...   

This tree is outside my car window each time I drive home along Hwy 14/ Henday from Baseline Road.  It is one of my favourite trees.  I think it is so sweet.  It barely survives each Winter and is all bent over from the wind and no shelter, but I love it.  It looks as though it deserves a big heavy star at the tip :)  It's so sad looking it is sweet :)  

I have always wanted a photograph of it, and tonight i took one with the sun setting behind it :)

 


I am thinking...
about how well this school year is going so far and how much we are enjoying homeschooling!  How great the classes are going, how booked up our schedule is - yet leaving us with enough time to relax and see friends/ do work too and how much we have to look forward to!  And we have met so many new people already!  We have a play planned with Jennifer, monthly homeschool group at the library, formal coffee nights, informal social nights, outdoor education, French club, science classes, Bricks4Kidz, swimming, park days, 




I am thankful for...  
a certain someone for making me laugh...and smile :)  



From the kitchen...
Mondays pulled pork was really good, and tomorrow I'm making a soup that has ground beef in it.  It's another recipe from the Crock Pot Girls on Facebook.  


I am wearing...
clothes for Fall weather again - it was cold today!  It only reached 10c and was only 3c when we first headed out this morning!  Socks and boots were definitely needed instead of sandals!

I am creating...
Art journal pages and canvases
Ideas for homeschool group activities
a new life :)


I am going...
to the park tomorrow afternoon to meet up with some other families and to pay Thanh for the Safety City field Trip.  I am so pleased Sam is going on that trip.  He will love it so much!  I am going to have our first poetry tea on Friday I think...Have to get Abigail her cup and saucer before then though I guess!


I am reading...
Homeschooling Horizons Magazine - the Canadian Homeschoolers magazine - issue 1!!!  It arrived yesterday and is REALLY good :)  


I am hoping...
to hear from the insurance guy tomorrow - it is driving me crazy - one big disaster.  Typical!


I am hearing... 
The furnace running - sigh...it's cold :(


Around the house...
Now it is getting colder I guess it is time to start on chores inside the house - finishing painting and finishing the stairs and the bathrooms and bits and pieces....blah...


One of my favorite things...
Fall walks through crunchy fallen leaves with that musty smell of woodlands :)  


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
park day tomorrow.  kidz quarterz on Thursday with Tracy. The children are at their Dads this weekend and I have plans :)  Laurence is away camping all weekend with friends.  Rather him than me ;)  
Related Posts with Thumbnails