Sep 2, 2011

NOT-BACK-TO-SCHOOL Picnic :)

Yesterday we went to the HLSA NOT back to school picnic - a celebration for homeschoolers in Edmonton, for the start of the new homeschool year.  

The weather was perfect - 18c, not too hot, sunny...just gorgeous...and the park was Emily Murphy...a lovely treed park in the river valley.  

There was a wonderful turnout as you can see - although it was difficult to take pictures without identifying too many people as I didn't want to put pictures online without permission of close ups...and also people were soooo spread out in the park.  I also took these mainly just before we left and many had already gone home - earlier in the day there were many more people there.  I was so surprised by how many were there - especially how many older teens were there!  

I thought I knew a LOT of the homeschoolers in the area yet I didn't recognise too many there - a few faces from various classes we go to - park days we've been to.  French class etc.  I saw a few friends and of course the children are better at recognising their friends and vanished as soon as we arrived.  Abigail was thrilled that her new BFF was there.  (best friend forever lol) and Sam was soon off with his friends from French club and a big group of boys who were playing in the trees...all the Moms were saying it looked like a re-enactment of Lord of the Flies :)  So true!!  

I spent most of the afternoon with my friend Lorraine and her Daughter Alora and met their friend Nikki - who is a member of the Sherwood Park Homeschoolers - soooo nice and I'm looking forward to seeing them again at coffee night next week :)  

It was a great start to the homeschool year :)









Related Posts with Thumbnails