Sep 7, 2011

Our Tuesday...

We had French club today, and so our day started off with Abigail revising her her French homework, and practicing her introduction, numbers and colours, ready for class.  She then worked through some of her French workbook which today focused on the alphabet in French.






Sam really wasn't in the best of moods this morning for 'work' and so although we encouraged him, after a page of spellings he disappeared off to his room.

On the way to French club we stopped off to buy snacks to share at the club - and also to get a Pumpkin Spice Latte - a they started to sell them today.  Then onwards to Castledowns Library.  On the way we practiced more French, and Abigail managed to get Sam interested at last - and he practiced his own introduction, numbers etc etc.


French club was really good today.  The children started with playing games on a French cd - that involved listening to songs and following the actions - learning words such as jump, run, walk, stop, fast, slow, high.

We also played 'Jacques Di' (Simon Says) and 'What's the  time Mr Wolf?'

The children introduced themselves - their names, ages, and said something that they liked to do.  

They did some worksheets about colours.  

We meet again in two weeks time.  


(the other children were still at the table doing other things when I snapped this picture but I snapped it because they were playing a game and had their backs to the camera so the other childrens faces aren't shown)  

Laurence has changed his class finally - is no longer doing physics which was worrying him, and is now doing personal foods this Semester as well as science.  He is much happier :)  

Susannah is happy about her new guitar teacher and the fact that he is so laid back (she says he reminds her of me and that I should go and meet him as we suit each other.....lol)  She really likes him and the fact that he has such great ideas and wants them to put on a play.  

I have to phone transportation tomorrow and put in  complaint about Laurences bus driver :(  I don't like doing that but two issues have come up with her now - she hit our address post with the bus and didn't even report it - and she is turning in our driveway even though they have been told not to (our driveway is clearly not wide enough - hence her hitting the gatepost sigh) and now because Laurence told her she isn't supposed to turn in the driveway, she now does not way for him to sit down before driving off but instead pulls away fast while he is walking down the bus aisle so he almost falls over each time.  I am NOT happy with this situation.  Today she left a snotty message on my phone about if I don't want her to turn on the driveway then I have to phone transportation - so tomorrow I will!

The children went to their Dads this evening, but while they were waiting, Sam and Abby curled up on my bed and watched some documentaries.  First they watched another dinosaur show (Sams favourites) and then they watched an Animal Planet show called 'Animals go head to head' which was a show where they compare two animals and see which would win in a battle.  They got to see which would win between a crocodile and a Great white shark!  


Tonight while the children were out, I had the first homeschool Moms coffee night.  About a month ago I started a Facebook group for my areas homeschoolers.  There are now 39 members :)  I suggested a coffee night tonight and there were 10 of us that showed up :)  I'm thrilled!!!  I only expected about 4 at the most!  But 10!!!  :)  And they want to make it a monthly event!  :)  
We ended up chatting for three hours tonight and it was just a really nice evening.  I saw friends I see regularly, friends I haven't seen for YEARS and met some new friends too!!  :)  

All in all another great day.  

Tomorrows plans are looking just as good too - Abigail has her class in the afternoon and Susannah has her team building class at Birch Bay in the morning.  The weather is supposed to be gorgeous so I think we will make the most of it as much as possible - seems silly to waste the good weather when it will soon be gone!  

I haven't done my LSNED class work for today but I'm too tired now so that will have to wait until the morning.  

Tomorrow morning I have a telephone appointment with Abigails therapist to discuss how she is doing.        

Ok, I need to get to sleep.  Another busy day tomorrow.  

Have a good one everyone

xxx



Related Posts with Thumbnails