Nov 17, 2011

Wednesday tag....

1. What song reminds you of a specific time in your life and what is it about that song that makes you remember?  Sooooo many songs remind me of soooo many things.....a few specific ones would be:


Come on Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners - this song always reminds me of Youth Club in West Coker.  I won a dancing contest to it and got to pick a chocolate bar from the tuck shop (haha)  I chose a Taxi - my favourite!!  The Simon Greenwood and I had to dance together because we both won.....grrrrooooosss!!!  hahahaha!!  So not cool!  


Lucky Stars by Dean Friedman - this song was a BIG favourite of mine and my cousin and I made dances up to it all the time :)  


Careless Whisper - reminds me of when my friend Kirsty died - they played the song at her funeral.  It also reminds me of so many school disco's of that time as it was always the last song played at the end of the night - the slow dance for dancing with the boy you ended up with :)  


2. What's something you've given up on?   Getting money back from three people I thought were friends who turned out to be extremely thoughtless selfish individuals who used me :(


3. What's something you'll never give up on?   My children and fighting for what I believe is their best interests.


4. If you had to cook something from scratch in the next hour what would it be?  Either a cake or bread....or maybe jam tarts...or a pie of some kind.  maybe I'd make a chicken dish to go in the crockpot.  Hhhmmm or maybe flapjacks (oatbars).


5. Have you started Christmas shopping? Decorating? Listening to Christmas music?  I have done most of my Christmas shopping and feel pleased with my progress.  I like being prepared like this and knowing December won't be as stressful.  I have a few decorations up already but no trees up yet - maybe next week.  I haven't started listening to music yet, but the children have - and they've watched a few movies too - as soon as the snow arrived they started to get excited!!


6. What do you know about your parent's wedding? It was on Boxing Day 1959.  I know what my Moms dress was like as I wore it when I played a Bride doll in a brownie concert.  I believe my Aunt was sick or something on my Moms dress at one time???  So maybe my Aunt borrowed my Moms dress???


7. I can't believe  how fast this year has gone and how much we have accomplished.  It has been an amazing year with such exciting and fun experiences.  New friends coming into our lives.  It will be fun  and exciting to see what the NEXT year brings!!!  
Related Posts with Thumbnails