Jan 13, 2012

Wednesday tag - two days late :)

1. Lake Superior University has once again banished a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English in 2012-
amazing, baby bump, shared sacrifice, occupy, blowback, man cave, the new normal, pet parent, win the future, ginormous, trickeration and thank you in advance.
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.

Man cave probably - if I HAVE to pick...but none of them really bother me.  some of them I haven't even heard of and I can think of many more words that bother me other than these.  
2. Are you easily embarrassed?

No not at all - I've lightened up and I've learned to laugh at myself more easily as I've gotten older.
3. what is your go-to snack?

A Banana at the moment.  Or a green monster/ smoothie.  Or an egg toasty.  

4. Have you ever been to Washington DC? if not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most like to see in that city? If you have been what's your favorite site?

I'd really like to go to the Smithsonian.  So much there I would like to see - not least the Ruby Slippers :)  


5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats-which one do you hate the least?

Sit ups but they work well.  I really want to do that 100 a day for 30 days thingy I saw on someones page - it is supposed to make a huge difference in just one month!!
6. What's a small act of kindness someone did for you that you've never forgotten?

A friend brought me flowers and a card after my husband left - just to say she was thinking of me.  It meant a lot.  Another friend sent me an Email one morning just to make sure I had a HAPPY Email to wake up to instead of just nasty lawyer/ divorce Emails.  These things make a difference <3  

7. Have you ever been a blood donor?
no - I've never been allowed for a variety of reasons - I have either been under weight, anaemic, or from England (which means I can't give blood in Canada) .

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Two weeks today I turn 40!!  :)  And two weeks tomorrow it's our big birthday bash :)  Woohoo :)  


Related Posts with Thumbnails