Jun 4, 2012

The Hunger Games


Susannah finished The Hunger games trilogy this week - and I had decided not to read it, so tonight we headed to the movie theatre to see the first movie.  Abigail was very excited to see the  movie too, so she came with us.

It was a very interesting movie - very well made, and exciting - but I can't say that I 'enjoyed' it.  I think being a Mom has much to do with that though.  I found the storyline quite disturbing.  The idea of almost an entire society happily watching a  reality tv show each year in which children slaughter each other.

At one point it really was literally a blood-bath.  

I just can't imagine any point in time where a society would think this was normal and exciting and fun.    Especially women - and yet women in the production studio were assisting with it all.  No emotion, no sense of injustice.  

I know it is fiction and not going to ever happen - but it was obviously in someones mind - and I suppose when you think of what Hitler did with no emotion - well perhaps it is possible to create a society that accepts it as the norm.  

Horrible.  

Related Posts with Thumbnails