Jun 21, 2012

My Wednesday...

Abby Banana had an appointment with the doctor today - just to get her prescription renewed.  While there she mentioned the names Doug and Bob - and the Doctor laughed and said that if she was looked after by Bob and Doug then she'd be fine - we didn't understand and so he explained that Bob and Doug were Canadian comedians from years ago (like Morecambe and Wise etc etc)  - he then started searching on youtube and played a video to us - a clip from a movie they were in!  It was a fairly inappropriate clip for some kids - good job I am who I am haha - then he started singing some strange song like 'coo coo' or something - and when we went outside he asked the receptionist if she knew it - she said 'My dad sings that' which made me laugh out loud and tell the Doctor that obviously only 'old' people know that song - he said 'Ouch' and walked off hahaha  :)  


I hurt my finger today.  I got in the car and Laurence asked what I had on my face - I looked in the mirror and saw blood - then looked down and my fingers were covered in blood!  I had knocked a chunk of my finger off - eww and big chunk of skin is hanging off and it wouldn't stop bleeding!  I have no idea how or when  did it!  


We went to the dollar store after the doctors and I saw this on a notebook cover.  It made me laugh:


Abby modelling Canada Day outfits:


I bought this.  I think it's gorgeous and was only $2.


Saw this on another notebook...me thinks someone would be checking their English BEFORE they print them hahahaha:


Laurence had a hair appt today with Amber, and while he was there, I took Abby and Sam over to the BK play place.  I sat with a drink while they played - and I had a go at doing a Mandala - based on the stunning ones that a lady on Instagram does!!  I only had a paper bag to draw on though.  I really liked drawing this and plan to do more:



It was another gorgeous and warm day.  23c and the occasional shower.  All evening was gorgeous though!!



In the evening we went into town to the farmers market.  Lorraine and Alora came and joined us and we strolled around the farmers market and the lake - and sat and chatted for a while.  It was such a beautiful evening.  On the way back to the library afterwards I noticed that Laurences school looks like a prison:


We were still at the lake when the farmers market ended.  We got the library just before it closed at 9pm and the girls had just enough time to grab their books.  In the parking lot on the way back I noticed all of our shadows as we walked along together:


So we all decided to try and spell out a word together. 
 LOVE - with Sam making a heart on the end:


I couldn't resist snapping a pic of Susannah and Sam walking along holding hands:


We blew up the paddling pool and slip and slide today, and Sam and Abby had great fun filling the pool and playing on the soapy slide :)  We filled the pool half way today and will do the other half tomorrow - they are VERY happy to have water fun to play in on hot days now :)  


We got home around 10pm tonight - and then we started a fire out in the firebowl.  We wanted to stay outside until dark to celebrate the longest day of the year and to welcome Summer :)  It was a lovely way to spend the evening :)  



And now everyone is fast asleep but me.  Tomorrow is another full day with plans here, there and everywhere :)  Oh how I love Summer :)  

Hope your week is going well :)  

x

Related Posts with Thumbnails