Aug 8, 2012

End of the month tag - July


What books and/or magazines did I read this month?    I read Nicholas Sparks 'The Choice'  and then started his book 'Safe Haven'.  I read Homeschool Horizons magazine....Oh and 'Choosing Me Before We'.
What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?  I watched 'We Bought a Zoo' with Sam.  Don't think I watched anything else in July.
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?  Omg where do I start???  July was PACKED full of fun!!  From Street Performers Fest to A Taste of Edmonton, trips to WEM, the Legislature Pools - to our road trip around Southern Alberta!  It was just one long sunshiny, fun filled month :)
What special or unusual purchases did I make?     I bought myself a new bag at The Prince of Wales hotel in Waterton.  Not expensive but I LOVE it :)  
What illnesses or health concerns did I have? A major storm came through at the beginning of the month - one so bad we ended up in the basement and even I was thinking it was a tornado - I have never heard the noise like we heard that night.  It was scary.  I got a REALLY bad migraine that started early in the morning the day OF the storm - and lasted over two days.  It was comparable to the migraine I had in Florida when the tornadoes went through.  At least I had meds back then though.  This time I just slept for a few days and hoped it would pass.  
What were my accomplishments this month?  I took my kids on a  three week road trip - camping!!!  And driving all over Southern Alberta - on my OWN.  I even drove in downtown Calgary in RUSH HOUR!!!  :)  We had the best holiday ever and I am soooo proud of ME!!!  3 years ago I didn't drive outside of Sherwood Park and didn't know how to put gas in my truck.  I seriously can't believe I was like that!  I would just NOT put up with being that dependent any more - I LOVE doing things myself now.  We are already planning our road trip into the US for next year - Seattle and California!  :)  Woooot :)  
What were my disappointments this month?  My bird table got smashed in the wind :(  It wasn't beautiful or anything - but Lloyd made it for me so that I could feed birds on the porch and sit close by and watch them.  It got knocked over in a storm and broke into pieces :(  I already really miss having somewhere to feed the birds.
Anything else noteworthy to include?  July was fabulous - with amazing weather, plenty of fun and some incredible memories.  Summer has been pretty incredible so far :)  


Related Posts with Thumbnails