Aug 13, 2012

The rest of our Monday....

So, we returned from Elk Island just before lunch, we all chilled out after showering.
I caught up on my blog, FB and checked my Emails.  Did the laundry and cleaned the downstairs bathroom.

Susannah had to work 3:30 until 5:30, so we headed into town.  Sam and Abby played the summer reading game at the library.  This was the first time Susannah had helped them.  They still haven't finished the game so I will try and go to the library a few times this week:


We headed off to the playground for a while.  It was grey and overcast but dry and very hot!  I expected it to storm, but so far it hasn't:


It wasn't long before the children had found friends to play with.  Although Abigail also came and told me about some girls in the playground who were not behaving very nicely at all.  Lets just say that being cruel to Dragonflies was not something Abby liked seeing.  I don't blame her.



Despite it not being particularly sunny, the humidity and heat wasn't pleasant - I was not feeling well as it was, so I spotted this bench to sit on in the shade of the trees:


I sat for about an hour with this amazing view, and just chillaxed:



I also sketched this tree into my art journal:



It was then time to head back to the library to meet Susannah:


Abby and Sam walked up through the water which is switched on again - last time we were there they were disappointed that the water was off and it was all dry!



We ran to Safeway for a couple of things and then home.  I felt so ill by then that I soaked in the bath.  I ache, have no energy, the shakes, stomach ache....and generally don't feel good.  Hopefully it is something that doesn't last long, and I will feel better tomorrow.  The bath helped, but I still feel crappy right now:



I got out of the bath and watched 'The Nanny Diaries' with Abigail on my bed.
She isn't feeling too great either.

I'm very glad it's bedtime.  We don't have any plans for tomorrow yet - I guess we shall see what the weather decides to do - the forecast right now is for rain.....then back up to sunshine and 26c by the end of the week!  :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails