Jun 6, 2006

Firefox and the Cutty Sark

I made a tomato bacon and cheese pasta sauce this evening which turned out really well....we had that with wholewheat pasta, crunchy bread and a salad.....everyone seemed to enjoy it - especially Sam!

After dinner, Lloyd and I drove into town. I picked upa parcel from the post office - they nearly wouldn't give it to me as my name and address on my licence don't match the ones on the parcel......I told Lloyd we should change my name legally to stop the confusion....or get married finally!!!!

I strolled around Michaels while Lloyd went to Home Depot....and then he met me in Home Sense...where he fell in love with a model of the Cutty Sark.......and bought it!!!! Oh and a tin opener thankfully! We live in Alberta.......soooooo far from the ocean but Lloyd seems to be collecting sailing boats!!! I told him it could be for his Fathers Day gift! Although I daresay we will get him other things too ;)

When we got home the boys took the dogs for a walk and here I sit having downloaded Firefox so I can finally add some pictures....

I may go and mow some grass in a bit...or rather some dandelions...I swear they are teasing me...they must duck down and hide from the mower blades and next morning I look out and there they are 4 inches tall grinning evily at me!!!! How can something grow soooo fast!!!!?????

I have signed up for a postcard swap with the homeschool forum I'm on....the kids will enjoy that!

Michaels didn't have much - most of the shelves were empty. I bought a few crafts for rainy afternoons.....and some extra candle wax so we can make more candles. I may do the ones with ice cubes in them as they are really pretty.

I need to put the pictures onto the computer from the camera....and Lloyd needs to go down to the woods to photograph the baby Robins in the next...he's busy beside me doing his accounts for tax season (business)

Lloyd was asking if I thought most couples laugh together as much as us....I don't know....most that I know probably don't....these days so many people are miserable and never look on the bright side...and most couples don't even seem to like each other! Lloyd and I are always giggling and laughing together....

We were talking about 'the old days' in the car on the way back...all those 'I remember when a stamp cost 12p and I remember when you could buy 2 sweets for a penny and we had 1/2 pence pieces!!!! I was talking about I Spy books...no one seems to remember them.....but I had lots of them.....I Spy in the town, I Spy in the countryside, I Spy car numbers.........and I would tick everything off and then write to Big CHief I Spy and he would send me a badge!

And Fuzzy Felts!!!! I loved Fuzzy Felts.......

God I feel old now!
Related Posts with Thumbnails