Jul 10, 2006

Always read the instructions!!!

So I phoned my Mom this afternoon.....it's her 65th birthday today. We talked for well over an hour...about all kinds of stuff....and she was telling me that she got sent an appointment for her mammogram......it came with a leaflet full of instructions of what to do before the appt. She didn't bother to read the leaflet.....

So on the day she showered and was careful to put on deodorant and as it was hot she wanted to put on some talcum powder....under the boobs I'm assuming lol......anyway she had run out of talcum powder and the closest she could find was foot powder! Smelling nice and clean she went to her appt...had the mammogram and then afterwards got told off because the leaflet had said DO NOT wear deodorant and DO NOT use talcum powder.......

So now she is likely to get called back because the test results won't be clear...and the radiographer told her off and asked why she hadn't done as told so my Mum told her she didn't bother to read the leaflet......she thought it best not to mention it was foot powder.......

This is the woman who raised me....the woman I am most likely to turn into.....OMG am I going to turn into someone who rubs foot powder under their boobs????

(Hi Mum...it's ok....most of the people who read this blog are Canadian and they think us Brits are odd anyway ;)
Related Posts with Thumbnails