Jul 24, 2006

preschool money

So today I recieved in the mail a cheque for $200 from that kind dork who calls himself PM. Every month from now on Canadian families get $100 per child under 6 which can go towards anything you like......supposedly pre school activities or childcare.

I don't need childcare and we don't do pre-school.....so I have $200 a month for Sam and Abby............some will go towards towards Abigails dance classes in the Fall......the rest I guess will disappear on things we do at home, places we go.......activities we join in with........life!!!

I guess it will get lumped in with the homeschool funding we get.....my kids all learn together and do activities together so separating the money seems pointless. I think it's great that the government recognises that not all parents want to use daycare or preschool classes...I love that it leaves the choice with us......

That said, I feel that taxing us on it and reducing other benefits for people kind of cons many out of their money.......in one hand - out the other.........isn't that always the way?
Related Posts with Thumbnails