Jul 17, 2006

That late summer feelin'.......






A few mornings lately it has felt like late summer....like just before Fall arrives......that slight chill, that breezy coolness......a slight crispness to the mornings......I'm not sure why because the days are hot......and its only July.....but I'm not complaining because I love it.....I very much LOVE Fall....so a three month long Fall would be perfect!

This morning we were outside...I was tidying up the yard and the children were playing on their bikes and with the wagon.......the dogs were running about.......we fed all the animals......Laurie built a ramp for his bike...........the temperature and 'feel' of the day was lovely.....and it made me long for Fall to arrive.....

Alberta is so strange...winters are long and you get so fed up with the cold and long for summer, but after a few weeks of summer its like you get excited about the thought of that first snow fall...and the leaves changing on the trees......

I love Fall holidays.....Thanksgiving, Halloween......I love to see all the Fall displays in the stores and get excited about costumes and decorating and planning for Christmas...so yes these chilly early mornings I just love!
Related Posts with Thumbnails