Aug 11, 2006

13 years ago today a friendship began..............

13 years ago today I was in hospital recovering from the birth of my first child......the lady in the bed next to me left to go home thankfully as she snored REALLY loudly!!.....a little later on another lady moved into the bed next to me having had a baby girl...........we chatted and got to know each other a little and before she left to go home she gave me her phone number.............

I was quite shy back then and didn't ever call her.........but 2 years later I was in the local swimming pool when a lady came up to me and said she recognised me and she had been in the bed next to me in hospital when we had had our first babies......she had a new baby girl and I was pregnant I think with Laurence...........

This was Faith, and this time we stayed in touch and in fact we became really good friends.....Thursday was 'our'day.....Faith would often catch the bus down from her gorgeous cottage in the hills and spend the day at my house...we'd take the children across the road to Alphabet Zoo....an indoor playground..........or we'd walk around to Mothercare World along the canal...............or we'd just stay at mine and the children would play playdoh or in the garden........................

Faith had been a dancer before she married.......travelled the world dancing cabaret............it always sounded so exciting! She has wonderful stories of the sand dunes etc in (was it Saudi? Dubai????? Somewhere desert like!

Then Faith returned to Lancashire and taught an aerobics class.......a man joined the class and the fact he had no hair made his eyes even more amazing and she fell in love.........with Mark her husband.......................now they have three gorgeous girls who I adore..........I had two boys when I lived near Faith, so C and E were my edxcuse to buy Barbies and do the girls hair :)

Now Faith lives in a remote farmhouse in the hills in England and has chickens etc etc.......she got her degree in psychology last year (yay!) and now works at a school with children with special needs. She sounds so happy!

Faith has dial up so may not ever read this but her friendship has always meant a lot to me and I miss seeing her.................she was a really special part of my life when I had young children......our lives have taken us in different directions but I treasure our past. I'm so glad we are still in touch.

Happy Birthday Charlotte.....13 today..................and congratulations Faith....we made it to the teen years :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails