Aug 1, 2006

Fudge!


Last night I made this Olde English style fudge.....its a lovely grainy vanilla fudge which tastes a little like Scottish tablet if you've ever had that (yummy!)

I just had to tell Susie to take it away from me because I would have eaten until I was sick......... I love this stuff and haven't made it in years. OMG its good. And soooo easy to make. And sooooo low calorie its amazing (lol)


You need

  • 1kg white cane vanilla granulated sugar
  • 1 tin (appx. 400g) sweetened condensed milk
  • 100g unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup fresh milk to damp sugar
In large pan mix all ingrediants. Bring to boil continually stirring slowly (don't let it burn to bottom if it burns a little turn it down. ONce boiling turn heat to lowest level and leave for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. After 20 minutes stir fast until thicker. Pour into buttered tray. Leave to set. Leave in fridge over night then cut into cubes.

YUM!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails