Nov 16, 2006

What a morning!!!!

I have been in a bad mood since yesterday afternoon...no idea why but don't pick a fight with me today - ok??????

This morning has been the morning from hell! We did not sleep well. I went to bed at 9pm last night with a migraine and some Imitrex........woke up a few hours later and could hear the pig banging her pen....that finally stopped and then all I could hear was drip drip drip outside...the snow was melting on the roof and dripping somewhere grrrrrr......then the winds started and boy were they strong...hurricane conditions in BC that tore down trees and a building...not quite that bad here but very strong and they were whipping around the house...I thought the windows were going to blow in...the meshy things all got sucked out.......Abigail came into our room scared by the winds and this morning I found Laurie in Abigails bed as he had had nightmares about Tornadoes......so very little sleep was had by anyone...except Sam who slept all night..

TYPICAL!!!

So this morning I was awake at 7:30am and woke the kids up as they had to take all the garbage down to the road.....we can't put it out the night before because animals will rip into it....and the box only holds a few bags....

Well getting them to do that was a real hassle in itself......

Finally we were ready to leave at 9:50am - we already knew Chris would be late for work. Sam started crying on the way into town...we had no soothers with us grrrrr...so we dropped CHris at work and then ran around to a house to drop off a cheque for some cookie dough we are ordering.......got lost in the subdivision(my fault) - the directions I wrote down were - head towards showhomes go straight across traffic circle, turn left house on right..........

Well there are two roads that go towards different showhomes and both have traffic circles...needless to say I went to the wrong one.....all this time Sam is still screaming :(

The roads in the subdivision were like sheets of ice...OMG they were awful....I always thought rural roads would be worse but no way..our roads are fine in comparison!

Anyway we finally find the house and leave the cheque and I decide it is futile to wiat in town for my appt at the bank with Sam screaming....so we head to Shoppers and buy some soothers (which Sam then throws on the floor because he is in such a bad mood he is beyong soothing!! So my cell phone is dead...I run into Glen Allen rec to use the payphone....I have never used a Canadian payphone before and can't figure it out...finally put my money in, dial the number and it says 'this is a long distance number, you can use your credit card or charge the call' WHY??? WHY????? So I give up and go back to the car...sam is still screaming...seems like there is no reason though...just bad mood.

I plug in my cell phone into the car and finally get a signal.....can't get hold of Lloyd...and it won't let me leave a message...he finally calls me back...I tell him to cancel my bank appt and I am going home!

Came home.....Sam is now happy in front of Treehouse and I have drowned my sorrows in a cup of coffee and far too many pieces of peanut butter on toast (and a twix but we won't mention that!!)

The morning is officially over now THANKFULLY................
Related Posts with Thumbnails