Dec 5, 2006

Christmas stuff :)

This is from an email that Deanna sent me :)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? neither. both are too sweet

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? santas gifts are not wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? we have white lights on the house, white lights on the main tree and coloured lights on the childrens tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no

5. When do you put your decorations up? we normally put ours up the middle of December but this year I wanted it up early so December 1st!!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? brussel sprouts :)

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? willing my Dad to hurry up and wash the dishes and for the Queens speech to be over so we could open gifts (we opened them at 3:10pm after the Queens speech in England.

8. How did you learn the truth about Santa? I still believe in Santa!! I really do!!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? no and I avoid it everywhere - I don't want to have to kiss anyone but Lloyd.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? The main tree is in red and gold...red and gold baubles and white lights and this year I have a red and green and gold tartain ribbon going around it. The childrens tree is decorated in all the ornaments I have collected through my life as well as all the ones they have made for me over the years.....its a mix of colours and styles and is my favorite :)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love it but wish it wasn't here quite as long!

12. Can you ice skate? yes

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? the wooden wardrobe my Dad made for my Sindy/ Amanda-Jane dolls...it had gold handles and a full length mirror inside, a drawer and miniature coat hangers that were also gold and their clothes fitted perfectly...it must have taken him sooooooo long to make! I wish I still had it!

14. What's the most exciting thing about Christmas for you? the build up to the big day - all the crafts and activities, our family traditions and the excitement of buying gifts and stocking fillers for the children - my Mum loves that too and still buys lots of stocking fillers that she sends me for the children!

15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert? Christmas pudding with my Dads secret brandy butter recipe!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We have too many to pick a favourite...going for a walk to find the perfect 'lollipop tree'..........making gingerbread houses, the children making their specific baking products like Chris and his mince pies, Laurence and his peppermint creams etc etc decorating the trees together, the shopping trip I go on just with my oldest DS, Picking up hot chocolates and driving around Bright Nights together as we drink......our Boxing Day walk at Elk Island Park.......our New Years Eve fire at midnight :)

17. What tops your tree? this year a big bow on one tree and an angel on the other.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? both :)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? 'We Three Kings of Orient Are', 'Silver Bells' and Rockin around the Christmas Tree..................oh there are too many I love :)

20. Candy Canes? I don't like to eat them but we always hang some on the 'Lollipop Tree'
Related Posts with Thumbnails