Jan 15, 2007

About blogging.......

I saw these questions on Cori's Musings blog and thought they were worth answering :)


1.Do you like the looks and the content of your blog?

The look doesn't bother me and if I didn't like the content I'd delete it ;) I like that I am keeping a record of our days - I love looking back at the archives - there are so many things I had forgotten about from last summer. I'm glad I blogged them.


2.Does your family know about your blog?

Yes, and some of them read it :)


3. Can you tell your friends about your blog?


Yes but not many of them read it - most of my IRL friends don't use the net much.


4.Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog?


No I read a few others.....I have my 'regulars' that I visit :)


5.Does your blog positively affect your mind?

Yes.....its very therapeutic to blog about my day - and sometimes I write really nasty things which makes me feel so much better - then I hit delete :) I don't want things like that on my blog but it helps to offload even if I delete :)


6.What does the number of visitors to your blog mean?


I don't get many visitors these days since my blog is private......I miss a few of my old readers..the number of visitors doesn't interest me - what interested me more back when my blog was private, was to see where in the world my readers were - I had regulars in every continent and I found that amazing!


7.Do you imagine what other bloggers look like?

No not really...many of the ones I read are written by people I have actually met.


8.Do you think blogging has any real benefit?

Yes - as I wrote above, it's therapeutic and it means my family and friends back home can see immediately what is happening in our day to day lives......I hope it gives them a glimpse into what our lives in Canada are really like.


9.Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?

Uh......NO :)


10.Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?

They don't interest me :)


11.Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?


To me, my blog is a journal of my life...I don't see any reason or benefit of criticising it...my life is what it is......


12.Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog in case you died?


I guess it would just 'be there'....maybe Lloyd would type something about me dying....I was reading a blog the other day about a lady with Cancer - she died and the blog was just left - unfinished.....I think it would have been nice for her DH to have written a few lines - like a closing post......people need closure....I think it helps them grieve.


13.Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?

When I was at T-Blog, I used to read a blog written by an older lady...she lived in Toronto with her cat. Each day she would blog what she had eaten for supper. That was it....she didn't really blog anything else - maybe what the weather was like but that was about it...for some reason I HAD to go back each day and check how she was and read what she had eaten....I tried to leave a comment each day.....her blog would always read something like 'Today for supper I had green beans, mashed potato and a chicken pie'.

I'm not sure why that left an impression on me but it did.


14.Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?

I haven't come across a blogger that I felt I was similar to. Thats probably a good thing :)


15.Name a song you want to listen to?

The song I have stuck in my head 24/7............The Fray, How to Save a Life.
Related Posts with Thumbnails