Feb 12, 2007

5 a day? Or more? Or less?

One of the things I am working on at the moment is increasing my intake of fruit......I have always eaten a lot of vegetables.....I LOVE vegetables.....but I am not keen on fruit....any of them......unless of course they come in a pie with ice cream or custard ....or CREAM.....mmmmmmm

So um yes...I want to eat more fruit so last week I started increasing my fruit intake.......now I am eating 2 bananas a day and 2 peaches.....and tomorrow when I go to sobeys I plan to buy some other fruits.....

Today as well as my bananas and peaches, I have had several cherry tomatoes and a dark green leafy salad with dinner......and some new potatoes although some don't consider them a vegetable but more of a starch.....

I am not eating as much as I need to but I plan to be eating 7 portions of fruit and veg a day within a few weeks......I normally have more vegetables than I had today but we had a tuna salad with new potatoes for dinner so only had the salad.....

I was reading the new Canada Food Guide today but I think I actually prefer the literature they put out in the UK.

Anyway - I need someone to nag me occasionally so every few days or weeks please ask me how much I have had and tell me to go eat some more!
Related Posts with Thumbnails