Feb 15, 2007

Brit Fish and Chips

Last night was date night AND Valentines Day.......Lloyd and I decided not to go to any of the busy restaurants but instead thought we'd go to Brits...the British style fish and chip shop in Edmonton.....Lloyd had been before but couldn't remember what it was like or hat they did but I was really excited to try a taste of back home.....

We got there and put in our order at the counter...it was very authentic really.....kind of like Palmers in Yeovil where you can eat in or take away....we found a table though and waited for our order....and waited...and waited....and waited........an HOUR later they brought our food!!! Lloyd had kept saying he was going to say something but I didn't want him to and told him to just enjoy the time with me (lol) but after 45 minutes we were both fed up.

When the food arrived...it was ok.....the battered sausage was nice (Mum they do mushrooms in batter too!)Lloyds steak and kidney pie was mircowaved which always makes pie pastry HORRID (yuck!) the chips were ok - kind of like a not very good chippy would serve back home...but they were as close as I have had here I guess....

Portions were not very big and it cost $30.....which although it is not much for a meal out, for sausage and chips its a lot.

Anyway...I'm glad we have been but I wouldn't hurry back....it was fun reminiscing about the chippy back home.....but thats about it! And we hadn't gone to Joeys because we would have waited for a table but in the end we probably waited longer for our food in Brits!!!

I have to say also...we aren't used to eting greasy food like that any more.....I can't say I actually 'enjoyed' the food.....when you can see theoil coming out like that it puts me off!

Lloyd gave me such a sweet Valentine card.....I still haven't opened my gift though...it's up high somewhere and I haven't found it! And when we got home last night we forgot! I guess I will open it tonight :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails