Feb 19, 2007

Family Day

Its' 'Family Day' here in Alberta....a Provincial holiday to allow families to spend more time together and to do things 'as a family'....

With this in mind I just want to express how very VERY grateful I am for my family.....

I have GREAT children.......they truly are FABULOUS. This weekend has just shown me HOW fabulous they are!

Chris and Susie got back late last night.....about 10:30pm...having spent the day with their friends family and driving to Barrhead to visit their friends Grandparents.....

During the journey, the boy had wanted to watch Troy but Chris had said that it wasn't an appropriate movie because his little sister was in the car.......his friends started arguing and then his Mom agreed with Chris.....so then his friends started yelling at his Mom and swearing at her!!!!!

Christopher and Susannah were shocked...

This morning Susie came in and told me that she was thinking how lucky I am! She said that yesterday at the friends home, they had a HUGE breakfast...but afterwards the kids just got up and walked off to play...the Mom was left to do EVERYTHING!! Susannah went up and asked if she could help load the dishwasher and clear the table! She said she felt sorry for the other Mom because the kids do NOTHING to help her and they swear and shout at her!

Firstly I LOVE that my children NOTICE these things...that they understand and they SEE how unfair and disrespectful that is! They SEE that the Mom is a PERSON!!!!

Chris said he can't believe that his friend would tell his Mom to SHUT UP!!!

My children would NEVER say that to me...they don't answer back...they always help and do their chores.......

Yes my children's bedrooms are messy most of the time...yes I have to nag them to shower and pick up their dirty laundry lol BUT they are NOT disrespectful and they NEVER answer back...they ALWAYS help me and they frequently ask how my day has been and what they can do to help.......

This other Mom doesn't STOP....she has 5 children and they are all in sports.....yesterday one had a hockey match, one had a swimming session, then she took them bowling (with my children) and Susie had slept over.....and then she drove to Barrhead to visit her sick parents and took my children so her children wouldn't be bored.......yet they STILL don't help her and after all she does for them they are so SO disrespectful.......

I am rambling on and on and well.....it just makes me even more grateful for my wonderful children!

Last night when Susie got home she gave me a big hug and told me she had missed me...she also apologised in case she had hurt my feelings by going out with her friends for the day instead of to the library with me.......

I have great kids!

:)
Related Posts with Thumbnails