Mar 8, 2007

I forgot date night!

I forgot to post about last nights date night...

For any newbies to my blog (and there are a few this week) Lloyd and I have date night every Wednesday night.....it really varies as to what we do....last night we went to Home Depot woohoo :)

Driving up Hwy 14 I was kicking myself for not having my camera with me because the sunset was GORGEOUS!!!! Ah well there will be plenty more!

So we went to Home Depot and strolled around to get some ideas for Lloyds birthday, to look at bath styles and sink styles and lamps and a few other things...then we strolled around Home Sense.....we didn't buy anything in either store.....

After that we debated where to eat supper and decided to try Swiss Chalet.

I have NEVER been to a Swiss Chalet before.....neither had Lloyd...e weren't sure what to expect.....the atmosphere is kind of like a Smittys or a cheap kind of family restaurant...not our usual choice of atmosphere but it was convenient and we have always wanted to try it....

Lloyd had a quarter chicken with fries and dipping sauce and a roll....I had teryaki chicken on rice....and we shared the sundried garlic loaf.

Service was wonderful - friendly and fast...I didn't even see her take my glass to refill it.....Lloyd said the coffee was really nice too....

The Teryaki chicken was ok.....not wonderful but I enjoyed it.....the garlic loaf was TO DIE FOR!!! OMG really REALLY good garlic bread!!! Mmmmmmmmmm

There were very few people in there so it was a nice quiet place to talk......Lloyd has so much happening with his business right now and we had a lot to talk about....we are updating his website at the moment BIG TIME because some very important contacts will be looking at it in the next few weeks.....

He is so busy with contracts that he asked if I would be interested in training to do some of what he does...I can work remotely from home doing the basic testing and QA of the scripts or something........he said he would pay me a salary if I wnat but I told him I don't see the point...why take the money out of the company and pay tax on it if we don't need to......

So yes as soon as his website is finished and he has finished the documents he's working on, he is going to teach me to do testing......then I can REALLY work for my own company :) he says he already has work projects planned out for me :)

The way I see it, he can pay someone else to work for us or I can do it and we keep the money in our company :)

So we were chatting about that and we were chatting about our days and this and that and although the restaurant isn't our normal kind, it was a good place to chat......I wouldn't choose to go there on date night again BUT it is definitely somewhere I would take the kids :)

I love listening to Lloyd talk about work......its very sexy :) You have to realise that I have known him since he was 7..........he was always 'my Lloyd' just this boy who lived next door......that I played soccer with and tennis and teased and who teased me.......and now he's this successful business man with so many responsibilities and so many plans and ambitions and although he is so sweet and soft and gives in constantly to me at home, at work he is the boss.....he runs meetings and makes big decisions and delegates and takes charge.......I LOVE listening to him on the phone on conference calls and talking to his team.....so yes it was a good date night :)

Ok Lloyd just finished helping Susie with her math homework so now I can go relax :)

Goodnight!
Related Posts with Thumbnails