Mar 8, 2007

Thursday.....


Its Thursday afternoon. Been a busy day.....again fun!

This morning I helped out at preschool which was good because the teacher had to leave half way through for an emergency dental appt...so another Mom and I ran the rest of the class......the kids had LOTS of energy and 3 hours can seem like a LONG time...but there were two birthdays so we got cupcakes after snack :)

Of course the chocolate cupcakes had lots of frsting and we were left with very sticky children with chocolatey hands and faces so I marched them all off to the washroom to wash their hands afterwards.

We played Earthball or someting at the end where the kis all got to play with this HUGE ball....that was chaotic but afterwards we thought of other games wih it...my idea was to get them all in a circle and each child had to think of a lette and then they had to roll the ball to a child whose name starts with that letter...they did really well and it calmed them down too......we ended the session with a rowdy game of Whats the time Mr Wolf?

Home again and I made lunch and then vacuumed up the mess Sam made with his lunch........I've done a few loads of laundry and I made the meatalls and they are now in the oven ready for dinner........(see pic above). They are in a tomatoey sauce with lots of garlic and vegetables and I have covered the top with cheddar cheese....we'll have them with pasta of some kind......I make my meatballs with egg, breadcrumbs, an oxo cube, big spoonful of grainy dijon mustard, various seasonings and a diced onion with quite big chunks of onion......then I brown them in a pan before putting them in the baking tray with the sauce.......

Sam and Abigail watched a little tv after preschool and since then have been playing space ships downstairs in the basement...they have the old mattress and have it covered in cardboard boxes and I keep hearing things like 'Quick Sam we have to go or the aliens will get us' and 'We have to blast off Sam so I have to lock you in'..........Sam being 2 probably doesn't have a clue what is really going on but he is having fun and keeps repeating the last word Abby says..... 'in?' or 'us?' and then you get 'me, me , me' and 'BIG'........

When the kids get home from school I am going to soak in the bath and read for a while before Lloyd gets home.......and I want to browse through the Partylite Candles catalogue too.....

I have to blog about yesterday first and add some pictures....
Related Posts with Thumbnails