Apr 25, 2007

Kathy........I appreciate your rant!!

Kathy - I just want to say a HUGE thank you - thank you for understanding...thank you for just emphasizing EVERYTHING that I was feeling about the guns yesterday - about the frogs. Thank you.

Last year we attended a workshop on frogs in Alberta and learned all about how they are at risk here and the numbers are dwindling.....the speakers were soooooo surprised that we have large numbers in our pond.....surprised that we had found frog spawn....

I was devastated last year.....our pond floods badly from the thaw...it becomes twice its size and then the frogs lay their frogspawn when the pond is large...the pond shrinks and we found dried up dead spawn all over the banks of the pond....so sad...this year we plan to scoop it out and place it back into the original pond.

What these boys did REALLY upset me.....I hate to admit it, but what they were doing to the frogs probably upset me more than them shooting Lauries leg.....but I am not sure the school saw it that way...and I know most people around here don't see it that way.....

Thank you for understanding totally. I really do appreciate your rant!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails