May 24, 2007

Breakfast with Val...

This morning I dropped Abby at preschool and then went to the Esso garage to meet Val for breakfast....Christie didn't join us today. It was such a nice morning :)

Val was telling me all about a special blessing/ naming ceremony that the Blackfoot Band (native community) hold for the children.....it is when they are all given their Blackfoot names by the Elders.......Val was named 'Many Offerings' which I think is just perfect for her - what a lovely name!

Grace as always spoiled Sam with suckers (lollipops) and even came to find us afterwards with one of Sams soothers he had left behind.

It was a great morning and I am so glad that I had the morning away from all this chaos here at least.

I picked Abigail up from preschool at 12pm and stood chatting to Darlene the preschool teacher there.....she is definitely not staying on as the teacher next year and she was talking as if I was already the new preschool teacher for sure! So I guess its assumed by all that I will be taking over....I guess I should start looking into the first aid course......

There is a multi family garage sale close to us this afternoon, so we are going to head there when the kids get home from school.

The weather is nice again - yesterday must have just been a blip! On the news this morning they were saying how they expect it to be hotter and drier than normal this summer.......and that they are worrying about the risk of forest fires....

I worry about grass fires here.....especially as we are far from city water so its more difficult for them to put fires out here....hotter is good (now we have air conditioning lol) but dry is not good!
Related Posts with Thumbnails