May 23, 2007

can't..............wake.................up!!!

I am not a morning person......soooooo not a morning person!!! But today I had to be up and dressed for 8am as the water guy is coming to fit a new filter on the water tank.......the tablets I take for my migraines leave me so groggy in the mornings it is very difficult to wake up.......best to leave me alone for a while until I am more awake!!!

Anyway, the guy is here to do the water filter.......it's Dans last day here - he has to be at the airport this evening.....so we are headed into town to do some last minute shopping and go out for lunch.....

I had a 'nightmare' this morning in one f my groggy dozes before I finally woke up......the school called and told me that I had to host the big dinner tonight at my house...so on top of everything else like the water filter and Dan leaving, I also had to clean and tidy and decorate the house for a dinner party for 100 people!!!!!

Thankfully THAT was just a bad dream, BUT Lloyd called a while ago to say the drilling company are coming TODAY to start drilling our new well......I wasn't expecting them for another couple of weeks.....sigh......but they will arrive before 10am and I just have to show them where we want the well.....

We've decided to have the new well at the back of the house.....close to the vegetable garden - and we can have a tap attached to the top of the well so we can water the vegetable garden easily...

I still have to go out today, but Chris is home so he will be taking pictures for me to blog....I can't guarantee they will be very good as he doesn't use my camera often, but there will be pictures of the new well being drilled.....

Our old well at the front of the house is fine...but its the old style with the well shaft which are not allowed any more, so it has to be filled in...and we figured we may as well dig a new one closer to the house NOW rather than worry about that if something happens mid winter......

So that is my day.....new filters on the water tanks......new well being drilled.....last minute shopping with Dan, lunch at Joey Tomatoes......and then a trip to the airport tonight to say goodbye to Dan....then hopefully home in time to go for a run!!

Have a good one everyone!
Related Posts with Thumbnails