May 23, 2007

Todays run

After all the gorgeous weather we have had lately, today Dan and I were shocked to look outside and see SNOW!!!! Yes, it was SNOWING this afternoon!!!! Then it turned to rain and was just miserable but sunny round the edges...so it snowed when Dan arrived and snowed when he left.....lol!

I was so not motivated to run in that weather.....I WAS before it started but as soon as I saw that snow I just wanted to curl up by the fire.....

My book suggests that when you don't feel like running, you should put your running shoes on anyway...so I put them on to see if it helped...and because they were on I figured I may as well go! So Laurie came with me and we went 2.2km.......I didn't run ALL of it but a large part of it I did! And when I told Laurie that I could only go to the next electric pole, he told me to go TWO...so I said I'd try and he kept saying stick with it and you can do it....and I did!!! :)

Laurie is really enthusiastic about running....he did so well on track and filed day - I will take pictures of his ribbons tomorrow!!! His teacher coaches him in sprinting and he knows all about breathing techniques etc...he's a great coach for a 12 year old - very motivating :)

So despite not being in the mood, I went for a run and I'm proud of myself for going in such crappy weather :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails