May 8, 2007

I forgot!

I forgot to update on Dan......the company Dan spent the day with yesterday only has work for the summer atm......and Dan isn't interested in that, so he is going to go home to England in two weeks time...I;m not quite sure if that is a permanent thing or a temporary thing but we have made it clear that we can only sponsor one person......and right now no one else is interested in immigrating..but that may not always be the case...so we can't guarantee that we will always be able to offer this opportunity. Thats said, he is always welcome to come and stay for a holiday!

One good thing that came out of his day there yesterday is that he met a girl called AJ who is having a party this weekend and she has invited Dan...so he is going to that on Saturday night and will be crashing there for the night!!! We were going to Jasper this weekend but will cancel our trip because we all feel this is a great opportunity for him to see life for a 20-something year old in Edmonton!! I think AJ is 24....

So Dan talks about coming back here to live BUT I would have to say that I am doubtful.........I think he will go home and get back into his normal life very fast......and thats fine if thats what makes him happy! I think this trip has done him a lot of good - I have seen him grow more confident in himself and more adventurous and he talks about traveling etc so if nothing else, this trip has allowed him to see that there is life outside of Yeovil....and that he is capable of a life outside of Yeovil.....
Related Posts with Thumbnails