Jun 14, 2007

My head is spinning....

I am feeling really emotional and kind of overwhelmed by everything right now......I feel like I could cry and I have no idea why! I'm happy, sad, confused, excited...unsure, OMG everything!

Abigail finished preschool today. She is no longer a preschooler. We had a big year-end picnic and watched a slideshow of their trip to the goat farm last week. It was a lovely morning and sad that she is saying goodbye to her teachers and friends as many won't eb going to school with her - I think maybe two from her class will be in her kindergarten class.

So I am excited for Abigails new adventure into school...sad that she is growing up too fast.......

But on top of this, I have come hoem with the keys to the hall, boxes of folders and files to go through for preschool....a preschool instructors shirt and neck thingy to hang keys/ whistle on!

I guess then its official - I am the new preschool teacher! Yet I STILL have not talked to the lady in charge! But I have the keys!!!!!

My Assist will be Amanda - another of the Moms from preschool..we've volunteered together before and she is going to come over and have some planning sessions with me before September - I think we'd both like to be a little more organized...'

There is a little guy in the class with mobility issues...he is also blind and hs seizures.....and we spent time talking to his Mom today and asking what she needs from us as his teachers....it was a really interesting conversation! Abigail says he is 'cute' ;)

Then...with all this in mind, a lady comes over to me and asks if I am interested in working full time! Did I want the job of preschool teacher in New Sarepta????!!!!!!

Yikes! It would be Monday and Wednesday all day.......

So she has taken my number and someone will call me....I will only do it if they pay for Abigail and Sams places in the class because Abby won't have school those days so I will have both of them with me.....

I don't really believe what is happening you know and I'm not sure if I WANT to work that much...the plan was that I wouldn't work...Lloyd wanted me at home with the children (which I love!) and then when Sam is at school he was hoping I'd write my book....or I could get a part time job or something for me......but I guess if Sam and Abby are with me, then I'm still at home with them right? But will this be too much? Will Abigail and Sam get fed up with being in preschool every day?

I think I need a diary...maybe Lloyd can get me one from work..I think I need to look at dates and days...

Maybe working through the renovations on the house will be a good thing.....four days away from the chaos every week....and the pay would mean we'd be able to have a fabby holiday in Florida...

Its so weird...I was NOT planning on working for a few years...I was NOT looking for a job...and now I am having jobs thrown at me! What should I do?????? Wah!!! I'm not sure what to do....how much to do.......how much to take on......

Anyway, I am sat here wearing my band thingy around my neck with my keys on it and a tag that say 'instructor'......and thats exciting :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails