Jun 14, 2007

The obsessing continues....

Yep I can't stop thinking about this new job. I have day one planned....don't laugh! Yes I know we only stoped for summer today but....you can never be too prepared!!! :)

Day one will focus around the book The Kissing Hand......at circle time I will tell a 'short version' of the story for the little ones who can't sit still for that long! Each child will be given a heart shaped sticker on their hand so if they miss Mom/ Dad/ caregiver, they can hold their hand to their cheek :)

There will be a counting activity where they will raw around their hands and then see how many Hershey's kisses they can fit in their hand! There will be raccoon and heart pictures to colour during free play. there is also a number match game based on the book that I can have on the table during free play.

If I can find a heart in hand cookie cutter I may make cookies for each of them....

I have a little boy who needs tactile/ scented activities....to go along with the story....so I thought the Kissing Hand would be good because his assistant can kiss his hand and hold it to his cheek...he can use his scented markers and someone can draw around his hand which will be tactile and he can hold and smell the hersheys kisses.....I can find a raccoon puppet that he can feel. If I tell his Mom which book we are reading when, she can create a box filled with things for him to go along with the story.

So yes.....that will be our theme for the first day! We will still have free play...show and tell (the raccoon puppet and I will have three facts about raccoons to share....simple things for them to remember...and we can talk about black and white....and then I can 'introduce' all the children to each other by saying their name and asking them their favourite colour.

If the weather is good we can play outside......and I want to introduce them to the new goodbye song!

Of course they will be excited/ scared/ energetic/ unsure......and so I am totally flexible about how much time is spent doing what and if we need to skip some activities etc...but this is my theme for day one.

Tara - I may well borrow some of those books from you - thank you so much!
Related Posts with Thumbnails