Aug 2, 2007

Realising its her......not me!

A few weeks ago I got a shocking Email....it was from a lady I had never met but had chatted too a fair bit online/ via email mainly.....this lady is fairly new to Canada but doesn't seem to have settled well here at all. She is a very creative person - passionate - if not obsessive when it comes to scrapbooking.

I had heard certain things about her from a friend who I trust totally - and who I should learn to trust MORE! But thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt....so we had chatted...a few times talked about meeting up but as she doesn't drive and I hate driving into the city we didn't ever get around to meeting....

Anyway one morning after I had sent a friendly, chatty email to her, I got an Email saying basically that she didn't understand why I am so angry at the world when I have everything......

This left me STUNNED. Do I really come across as being angry at the world? Why on earth would my blog (which she used to read frequently) make me come across as being 'angry at the world'???????? I really think of myself as being a positive happy, cups half full kind of person......I am so very grateful for all we have as a family, and I am really happy with my life.

Yet this person seemed to think I am angry at the world...I was left thinking how...HOW??????? What is it that I have written makes me come across in that way? I have days when I'm fed up - doesn't everyone? But most days I am upbeat and happy and positive.

Anyway...I moved on and forgot all about it all until yesterday when I was chatting to Christie about this lady and my experiences with her and I heard Christies experiences with her.......

and something someone posted on LP the other day made me think too....someone posted to say that when someone says something nasty to you you should turn it around (in your head I mean) and read into it as they are actually feeling that way themselves.....

And that kind of makes sense to me. Knowing about this person and her background....and her situation now, it makes total sense......

This lady has never met me.......she only knows me from my blog and a few emails we have sent to each other talking about scrapbooking mainly. She doesn't know me at all. And hearing about other peoples experiences with this woman in real life makes me feel so much better really because I can see that this is her problem, her issues. I think its HER thats angry at the world right now. I can understand that for some of her situation but still - she shouldn't try and reflect that onto me. I didn't do anything to deserve that!

Its a shame she ended up being like that. She's lost a friend. In fact I hear she's lost quite a few in this way. there is no need to be rude to people who have never been rude or impolite to you. There was just no need for that.

This lady was also quite rude about a scrapbooking website I am part of - she was a design team member there for a while so I don't see why on earth she needed to be so rude...and she was also very rude about a famous scrapbooker.....of course me being the way I am I believed every word she told me, but now when I think about it it just doesn't ring true. I think she's just jealous that this famous scrapbooker has the success that this lady tries so hard to get.

Now I am left just feeling really sorry for her.....she seems stuck in the past and really unhappy and unable to move forward from that. But you know, thats no excuse to be mean or rude to someone. No ones life is perfect but you can't take that out on other people. Not like that.

I don't want to be a part of that at all. She no longer reads my blog and I will no longer go out of my way to be friendly. I just want to leave all that in the past.
Related Posts with Thumbnails