Sep 14, 2007

Breakfast with Val in Edmonton!

On Wednesday Val had to take her car down to 75th St to have it serviced, so I picked her up from the dealership and we went out for breakfast. It was funny because I pulled onto the dealership forecourt and a guy comes running out of the building waving at me. It was a Dodge dealership and I drive a Ford so I knew he wasn't waving at me - so I ignored him and drove around looking for a space - then I see him waving at me again and signalling to a space right by the front doors! So I drive in and then I see he has Vals little guys car seat with him! PHEW!!!! It was funny but what great service (although I later learned he made a rude joke about me driving a Ford lol!)

As we were on 75th, we went to Lumberjacks for breakfast - the coffee was really good and I was extravagant and ordered waffles!!!! (lol) I had waffles with apple cinnamon and they were HEAVENLY!!! Thank you for breakfast Val :)

After that, we headed back to Vals house and were busy chatting but I was followed by a cop car almost the entire way!!! I was so paranoid especially as I had to drive through all the weird construction site on Hwy 14. I finally chickened out and turned onto a side road and luckily the cop car didn't follow me.....then I had to make an emergency stop at the Esso because I was BURSTING for the bathroom because of all the coffee I had drunk!

We finally made it back to vals house - I'm sorry if I was distracted on the drive home Val - what with the cop car and my exploding bladder!

WE got to Vals house and she took me through her very posh barn to meet Salt and Shadow, her sheep! Very cute!!

Inside for coffee and to chat even more, and then I had to head home! After lunch I went downtown with Lloyd and Parker as Lloyd ended up getting called into work for something. It was an excuse to go to Purdys anyway :)

Thursday we went to South Ed Common as Parker wanted to go to the Tommy store for a few things....I took Sam to Dollarama and got a few stocking fillers and some Halloween crafts.....then in the evening Lloyd and Parker took Laurie to his first Air Cadets meeting.

Tuesday - I can't remember much about Tuesday - we went to Toys R Us...we had lunch at the Olive Garden.....not sure what else we did......but I do remember how amazing the Pumpkin Cheesecake at The Olive Garden is - go get some while its there!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails