Sep 14, 2007

Nice surprise!

Yesterday I went to check our mailbox and I got a lovely surprise - inside was a package from Amazon. I started to panic because I couldn't remember ordering any books in the last few weeks! So I opened it and inside was a gift wrapped book! So I tore into it and found:

A copy of Jamie Olivers latest book 'Jamie At Home' based on his series where he grows his own vegetables and then cooks straight from the garden!

Inside was a gift card that read: 'Thank you for having me to stay - lots of love Mum xxx'

Thank you Mum - I love it! Its got a real old fashioned feel to it with its fabric cover! I haven't had much of a chance to read it but have had several flicks through - the book is dedicated to Steve Irwin and his family which I think is wonderful! There are some amazing recipes inside and each section has a part about how he grows the different vegetables used in the recipes :)

It was a wonderful surprise and really made my WEEK :) Thank you!

I phoned Mom this morning and thanked her and also got to say hello to my Uncle Bernard and his wife Louise (you may remember they recently had a baby) - I congratulated them both and Uncle Bernard said 'yes, not bad for an old man huh?' Louise sounds as though she is enjoying being a Mom!
Related Posts with Thumbnails