Sep 14, 2007

No preschool

I got an Email yesterday to say they have cancelled the preschool classes here. This is due to low enrollment and lack of instructors - which means Amanda also pulled out of teaching. The low enrollment HAS to be because of the cost this time - it's gone up almost $100 a semester and it is just not worth it - because in the last year it was just a playgroup....not a preschool. Many rural families just can't afford that kind of money for their child to go and play in the local hall twice a week!

I'm really sad that this area will no longer have a preschool. I'm not sure what to do about it - Abigails kindergarten teacher was so sad last week when I told her I wouldn't be teaching this Fall - she said she had been soooo looking forward to having children in her class who had been through a year with my curriculum.

I'm really so sad about this.
Related Posts with Thumbnails