Dec 6, 2007

Four years.....

Four years ago today my friend Mandy, was in a very bad car accident. Tragically, her partner and both her children were killed.

This accident took place in a very bad snow storm on a very nasty bend on a highway I drive on most days.

In that one instant she lost her husband, her children, her life role, her job, her home, the future she had planned for herself

I got to know Mandy so well during the months that followed the accident, but sadly (although understandably) she felt the need to withdraw from her friends after that...to find new friends that weren't created around the children.

I don't hear from or see Mandy any more, but I do hear of her - I often find out how she is doing and I think of her often.

I can't imagine what she has gone through over these last four years....she had everything going for her at the time it happened - a new exciting home life ahead of her and then tragedy struck.

I hope she's doing ok. REALLY ok. I know she isn't living the future she had planned, but I hope she feels able to make the most of life....to move forward - not forgetting of course, but moving in a new direction.

www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19272180025
Related Posts with Thumbnails