Jan 21, 2008

Crash!

Last night we went to bed and watched the movie Crash. I had never seen it before. Its not a 'comfortable' movie to watch....VERY good though. It centres around a culturally and racially diverse neighbourhood in LA and how the various characters lives kind of criss-cross. The whole movie kind of made me sad and reminds me again that the US is still an extremely racially prejudiced country. It makes me wonder again whether that country is ready for a black President.

On that subject, Colin Powell was on the View again this morning. He always comes across as though he is such a great guy. He said he hasn't ruled out running one day.

I don't know if its because I was in a mixed race marriage or whatever or because I have mixed race children....but it makes me so sad when people judge each other on the colour of their skin.
Related Posts with Thumbnails