Mar 14, 2008

Dinner at Samantha's

All week I've been meaning to blog about last weeks dinner!

So last week we were invited to Samantha and Ians to help celebrate Ians 40th birthday! It was a lovely evening. I wasn't feeling very good so we didn't stay too late, but we did have such a great time!

Two other couples joined us - Lori and Chris (we've met them a few times before and Lori is coming to work for Lloyd) and another couple from the UK, Colin and Tracy.

Samantha (with her Son Josh's help) had prepared a Chinese meal.....We started with Sake......and then we had a crab soup to start and then Colin helped Samantha to prepare a sauce for the beef and noodle dish (my favourite of the courses). After that we had chicken in a peanut satay sauce with rice.

Lori and Chris had brought some Sushi, so it was a little Asian-Fusion......

Tracy and Colin had brought fruit chocolate fondue. Lloyd and I had popped over to T & T grocery store and bought a selection of very weird Chinese desserts made with mango and black bean and 'stuff'......the mango cakes looked so nice but everyone tried them and agreed that they TASTE the way Playdoh SMELLS...if you can imagine that ;)

The little pink and white cakey things we bought were sooooo soft to hold - they felt like the softest pilllowy-est little things ever - I just wanted to hold them and squeeze them - everyone just wanted to squeeze them like stress balls - but they tastest YUCKY lol!

It was a fun evening!

Leaving Samanthas house is never easy - we can talk for Britain when we get together.....I got my shoes on and was almost out the door when Samantha wanted to show me her new bedroom furniture - so off came my boots and upstairs I went to see her new bedroom!

Her new bedroom is GORGEOUS!!!! I am soooo jealous! But I have to say the HIGHLIGHT of my night - in fact the highlight of 2008 so far HAS to have been looking in her knicker drawers - and YES I say knicker DRAWERS PLURAL!!!!!! OMG I swear I have never known anyone own so many pairs of colour organized, perfectly arranged underwear EVER.....

I had to go back and look again.....twice!!! Just to check I really saw what I thought I saw!!!

I will forever be in awe of Samantha and her knickers ;)

Her secret is out ;)

Thank you for a lovely evening Samantha! And Happy Birthday Ian - you old fart!
Related Posts with Thumbnails