Mar 14, 2008

My Susie doll...



This is Susie. Susie was my doll when I was a toddler....My Mom and dad can probably correct the story but as far as I can remember from what they have told me, I would be pushed around Woolworths in Yeovil and always reach out for this doll. I wasn't interested in any white dolls at all - I just wanted this one black dolly. No idea why. Santa got her for me for Christmas :) I named her Susie.

Today I mentioned to Jennifer that I had only been able to name ONE of my children - my husbands (OMG doesn't that sound awful lol husbands plural lol) named my other children. I named Susannah! And I call her Susie.....she's also my darkest skinned child lol....so the closest to my doll lol.....hhhmmm I wonder if that was some kind of subconscious thang on my part......

The Susannah part of Susie's name came from a Soap Opera...yes I AM THAT tacky!!!! There was this posh lady called Susannah on a soap called Brookside that showed in the UK and I thought that Susannah was a classy name :) lol - so I chose that for Susie :) So there you go - I'm as tacky as hell when I want to be :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails