Jun 19, 2009

Dusk....


I like this picture....I took it the other evening and it shows the view I have most evening when I sit watching the birds at the feeders. I sit by the steps at the side of the house on the porch. You can see Charlie where she has fallen asleep under the bird feeder after rooting for peanuts and seeds. You can see my bird table that Lloyd quickly knocked up for me in a hurry a few weeks back but that does the job perfectly and my birds love it just fine!!! The box beside it is so I can reach the bird table - Denis gave it to me :) and the little birds love to eat off of it :)

Beyond the bird table you can see down to the pond - beyond that you can see down towards the driveway......on the hill you can see the well (one of two wells we have on our property).

In the trees we have three feeders - two for nuts and seeds and one is a thistle seed feeder. we also have a nut and seed feeder on the porch. We also have two hummingbird feeders on the porch/ deck. I have several other feeders in different other places on our property - by the sheds and workshops/ garage etc etc. We get through a LOT of bird seed each week! Lloyd always complains about how much we spend on bird food but he also loves to watch the birds so I don't think he minds really ;) We spend less in Winter because most of the birds leave Alberta in Winter. Right now they empty the feeders in about two days.
Related Posts with Thumbnails