Jun 19, 2009

Lunch with Val


Today I went out for lunch with Val! We went to one of my regular haunts - A Taste of India in Sherwood Park. I've never been there for lunch, but its a busy little place at lunchtime on Friday! It was quiet when we arrived though, so we got a nice quiet table in the back section. It soon filled up fast though and was much busier than it is in the evening on a Wednesday when we normally go!!!

We both had the buffet and Val was good and adventurous trying all kinds of different selections. The owner came over to say hi and she was joking saying how the food isn't spicy at all , so Val should try a bit of EVERYTHING!! ;) then a little later she popped over to our table and asked Val how she liked Indian food (as I had mentioned that it was Vals first time at trying Indian food) - val said she loved it and the owner said that Val would soon be as addicted as Lloyd and I ;)

Val is like me and loves the Naan breads - they really are yummy - so light and fluffy and NOTHING like the ones you buy in the grocery stores which are horrible and I won't TOUCH!!!

This picture shows Val enjoying my favourite dessert there - Gulab jamun - or what I call balls and custard :) YUM!!!! :)

Thanks for coming out Val - I had a lovely time - so good to catch up with you!

we both left to head off in different directions shopping only for Val to get a phone call from her Daughter to say there were funnel clouds spotted in our neighbourhood - so we both headed in the direction of home instead to make sure our little ones were safe! Adult time over :( sigh........
Related Posts with Thumbnails