Aug 8, 2009

Many Offerings....




I planted sunflower seeds everywhere this year - and NONE of them grew!!!

However - our wonderful, clever little birds also happily 'planted' sunflower seeds for us, and they have sprouted all over the place! Amongst them, this BEAUTY popped up way down where the workmen put all the earth that they dug up from the basement last year!! It has 19 flower heads on it - some aren't flowering yet! The main top flower head has already finished flowering!! Isn't it GORGEOUS?????

I named it 'Many Offerings' after my wonderful friend Val - as Sunflowers always remind me of her, and that is the Native name she was given. I think it's actually the perfect name for this flower as with all those flower heads it will have soooo many seeds and offerings for the birds and squirrels AND for us to plant for next year!!! :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails